What Personal Information About Users Does Architizer Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Site’s features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about our products. In order for you to use all the features available on our Site, you must register with Architizer. We require your name, e-mail address and location during the registration process. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized service, but this information is optional.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Architizer automatically receives and records certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Architizer cookie information, and the page you requested. Architizer uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Site.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Site, so we can make the Site appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our Site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal web experience.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Architizer if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We also send out e-mails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please
from the Architizer A+ Awards mailing list.
Information From Other Sources
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Like the information you provide to us, we do not share this information with anyone except authorized third parties in connection with providing you with our Service.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. Architizer cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your name or e-mail address is.
Will Architizer Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
Affiliated Business We Do Not Control
In certain situations, Architizer may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. We will share customer information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business. We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do and they do not have the right to share or use personal information for any purpose other than for an authorized transaction. Architizer may share aggregated demographic information with business partners.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. Our agents subscribe to the same level of privacy protection as we do. Unless we tell you differently, Architizer’s agents do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, these offers will be sent from Architizer; we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please
from the Architizer A+ Awards mailing list.
Information You Post
When you post information on the Site, your name and certain profile information are visible to other users. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return, and Architizer may use information posted by you, along with your profile information, in any medium now existing or developed in the future. Architizer will use commercially reasonable efforts to attempt to notify you before using information posted by you on the Site along with your profile in other media.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Architizer, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
Protection of Architizer and Others
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Architizer, our employees, our users, or others. Architizer may disclose personal information to parties in compliance with Architizer's Copyright Policy, as Architizer in its sole discretion believes necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, Architizer may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, and e-mail address.
With Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your Architizer account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
Architizer allows you to access the following information about you for the singular purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information.
- You are able to add or update certain information. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Can Children Use Architizer’s Services?
Architizer is not intended for children. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Sites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at Architizer, please send a detailed message to email@example.com or to Architizer LLC. 281 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.