PRE-GALA COCKTAIL PARTY
Join Architizer to celebrate Design Week with R/GA
for a cocktail party and winner’s reception on Wednesday, May 10 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
THE 5TH ANNUAL ARCHITIZER A+AWARDS GALA
The 5th Annual Architizer A+Awards Gala will take place on Thursday, May 11th in New York City. As a winner, you and a guest are invited to attend and celebrate your achievement.
- What to expect at the gala: The gala does not feature a traditional awards program, but a short ceremony honoring six special award winners. The 2017 honorees are: David Adjaye Associates (Firm of the Year), Buro Koray Duman (Emerging Firm), Odile Decq (Lifetime Achievement Award), Tatiana Bilbao (Impact Award), Carlo Ratti (Advocate Award) and DJI (Product of the Year).
- Gala location and time: The 5th Annual A+Awards Gala will be held at Highline Stages in New York City from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- RSVP: RSVPs for this year’s gala are now closed..
- Dress Code: Cocktail Attire.
- Your A+Awards Trophy: Please Note: You will not receive your trophy at the gala. Your trophy will be sent directly to you after placing the order through the A+Awards Store.
A+AWARDS GALA AFTER PARTY
An After Party will follow the gala at The Jane Hotel from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The A+Awards Gala takes place at the beginning of NYCxDESIGN, a celebration of global design that takes place throughout New York City from May 3 – May 24. Here are some resources to find the best events happening in the area around this time.
Collective Design – May 3-7
NYCxDESIGN (Official Site) – May 3-24
TEFAF – May 4-8
Frieze Art Fair – May 5-7
NYC Design Pavilion – May 18-22
Sight Unseen OFFSITE – May 19-22
Wanted Design – May 20-23 (Manhattan); May 17-23 (Brooklyn)
ICFF – May 21-24
New York Design Center
Tribeca Design District
Soho Design District
NoMad Design District
Center for Architecture
The 5th Annual Architizer A+Awards trophy was designed by Snarkitecture, and made with DuPont Corian.
- ORDER YOUR TROPHY: To personalize and order your trophy, log in to the A+Awards Store using your existing username and password. Once logged in, you will be guided through the steps to customize your trophy and complete your order. You will also be given the opportunity to purchase additional personalized trophies for members of your team, clients or any others involved in your success. Each trophy is custom made; please allow six weeks for delivery after placing your order.
Reasons Why You Should Promote Your Achievement
- YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY AN INDUSTRY LEADER. As an Architizer A+Award recipient you have been identified as an industry leader for architecture and design worldwide.
- IMPRESS YOUR CLIENTS. Whether it’s maintaining current clients or winning new business, “Architizer A+Awards Recipient” validates your superior work and gives your clients and prospects the confidence they need to invest in your services.
- MAKE HEADLINES. Being an Architizer A+Award recipient offers countless publicity opportunities in national, local, and trade media, as well as internal communications and marketing materials. We expect coverage from our Architizer A+ Media Partners: Wall Street Journal, WSJ Magazine, Phaidon Books, and more.
- GET PUBLISHED BY PHAIDON. Phaidon — the premier global publisher of the creative arts with over 1,500 titles in print — will again publish an annual book of the A+Award winners! All Typology and Plus winners will be featured. The book will be released in July 2017 and is available now for preorder at Phaidon.com
- SALUTE YOUR TEAM IN A BIG WAY. Your Architizer A+Award achievement allows you to recognize your valued employees for their accomplishments. There’s no better way to show them that you think their work is award winning than to share your A+ news with the world.
- STAND OUT AMONG YOUR PEERS. Out of the thousands of projects that were submitted, there are only a handful of honorees chosen by the Jury and Voting Public. By coming this far, you’ve proven your work is one of the few that truly stands out.
- STAY CONNECTED As an Architizer A+Award recipient, your work will be featured on Architizer.com and publicized by our partners. We’ve also uploaded your work to our database so that people can view your projects and learn more about what you do. You’ve done the work, let us highlight your achievement in a big way!
- RECEIVE VALIDATION FOR A JOB WELL DONE. Now more than ever, the value of architecture is crucial for every city and nation around the globe. As an A+Award recipient, your work exemplifies excellence in the industry, which you’ll be able to share with your clients and colleagues.
Sure-fire ways to make sure the right people know about your A+ achievement.
DEVISE A PUBLIC RELATIONS PLAN
Don’t be shy about your Architizer A+Awards accomplishment. Now is the time to promote your achievement – and your success – by doing targeted outreach to a wide-variety of national, local and online media.
Here are some tips of the trade: Write and distribute a press release highlighting your award. We’ve got the national media covered, but you can develop and implement media campaigns to generate attention. You should target news sites and blogs that cover your category or industry, as well as your hometown media. Pitch yourself for a feature story at pertinent media outlets. Use your A+ Achievement as a news peg for the media to cover your success, growth, and future plans. Our official A+Award partner, v2com will donate their services to distribute the press kit announcing your win for free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In all your media outreach, you’ll want to include the key facts about Architizer A+Awards, which you can find at the A+Awards Fact Sheet. If media need official Architizer press photos, videos, or additional media resources, you’ll find those in the A+ Press section below.
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Send a special email to your network of colleagues, vendors, friends, family and customers to let them know about your award.
MAKE YOUR A+AWARD ACHIEVEMENT A CENTERPIECE OF YOUR MARKETING PLAN
Take out an ad in a local or national newspaper or magazine, or add a A+Award logo to materials that you’ve already scheduled.
SHINE IN YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE
Have your team highlight their A+ Achievement in their email signatures.
BRAG TO YOUR FAVORITE BLOG
There are dozens of blogs that cover every industry. These online outlets are a great way to spread the word about your nomination.
SPICE UP YOUR COMPANY AND PERSONAL BIO
Adding this honor to your company or personal bio will show potential customers and partners that your work is award-winning.
UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS
Share news about your nomination on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and more! It is a great way to way to share your A+ achievement. If you need some pointers check out what we are posting on our pages and go from there!
LET US KNOW
We love to hear from you! Let us know what you’re doing by tweeting at us at @architizer and liking us on the Architizer Facebook Page.
All media love facts, numbers and statistics. Here are some media-friendly facts and statistics about the Architizer A+Awards to help strengthen your pitch for your story:
March 14, 2017: Popular Choice Award voting begins.
March 30, 2017: Popular Choice Award voting ends.
April 11, 2017: Architizer A+ Jury Winners and Popular Choice Winners Announced.
May 11, 2017: The Architizer A+Awards Gala to be held in NYC.
The world’s largest and fastest growing website for architecture has launched the definitive architectural award program with 100+ categories and over 400 jurors. The Architizer A+Awards received entries from a 100 countries and represents the best of architecture and design worldwide.
Winners are chosen by our illustrious jury including such industry luminaries as Denise Scott Brown, Bjarke Ingels and Tom Kundig, as well as personalities from beyond architecture like Tony Hsieh (CEO, Zappos), Yves Behar (Fuseproject), John Edelman (CEO, Design Within Reach), Cameron Sinclair (Architecture for Humanity) and Barry Bergdoll (MoMA).
Winners are selected for recognition based on excellence in the following criteria:
- Intent (Plus Categories only)
- Reality (Plus Categories only)
Logo’s and Digital Badges
Click to download hi-res Architizer and A+Awards logos.
Use the below site badges to promote your achievement.
Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com with any questions.